The Marie Bed & Breakfast is looking for an Assistant Innkeeper to help with business operations. This position will guarantee at least 20 hours per week with the potential for up to 40 hours per week during our busy seasons. Pay rate ranges from $20-$25 per hour DOE.
The Assistant Innkeeper will act as a support person for our Head Innkeeper and perform a variety of administrative and hospitality tasks that may include managing bookings, communicating with guests via phone, email, and in person, house cleaning, cooking, social media and marketing tasks, networking with other local businesses, and light garden maintenance.
The Assistant Innkeeper must be a self-motivated, highly flexible person who can manage a wide range of different tasks from day to day and varying scheduling needs depending on the flow of reservations at the inn. Work duties can vary heavily from week to week with some weeks being primarily administrative focused, while others may require full attention to household and guest needs.
- A working experience with professional cooking and culinary presentation.
- A valid Washington State food handlers card or the ability to acquire one within 15 days of employment.
- A general understanding of local and seasonal Pacific Northwest cuisine.
- A flexible schedule with the availability to work weekends and holidays.
- The ability to work both indoors and outdoors.
- The ability to lift up to 50lbs, climb stairs, and be on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Strong customer service and computer skills.
- Experience managing social media and business marketing.
- Gardening experience with Pacific Northwest native plants.
- Knowledge of Olympia local attractions and history.
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Marie
Historically known as The McIntyre House, The Marie Bed & Breakfast is one of the finest examples of Queen Anne style architecture in West Olympia. Built in 1892 by Mr. J.R. McIntyre, the home remained in the ownership of his descendants until the 1980’s. Since the conception of The Marie, extensive work has been done inside and out to transform the grounds into an historical oasis amid modern surroundings.
Two private cottages have been constructed, offering exquisite additional lodging options. The “Oak” cottage is ADA accessible, featuring a large and luxurious double shower. Each of the other three rooms have unique private tubs and showers. A custom made double ramp allows access to the lobby of the main house from the south courtyard. The house itself has many charming original features, including wood floors, carved banisters, stained-glass windows and surprisingly detailed artisan hardware.
The front porch and second floor balcony offer cozy areas to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee or glass of wine. The manicured gardens; resplendent with fountains, statues and multiple seating options, are the ideal place to spend time reading, conversing, or working while away from the office in a serene setting. The newly remodeled modern kitchen is a hub of creativity; where fresh, delicious, farm-to-table breakfasts are prepared every morning. Whether staying for a business or pleasure, the Marie is West Olympia’s premier historic bed and breakfast.